I am not a certified professional astrologer currently, however, as life circumstances allow, I intend to follow the path to certification and receive ethics training. To uphold these standards to the best of my ability, I reference my time as a Healing Touch student and Practitioner (HTP) from 2012-2016, during which time I also held certification (HTCP). In seeing clients, and within the framework of the Healing Touch Program, I upheld their Code of Ethics and worked within their defined Scope of Practice. In astrological practice, I strive to maintain a similarly high level of standard to put the client’s best interests first, and to above all, do no harm.
The following guidelines are drawn from the below referenced organizations and ones that I strive to uphold to the best of my ability:
- Bring no harm to the client.
Act in the client’s best interest, and if issues are brought to me that are beyond my training and expertise, I will refer them to other practitioners/resources.
It is my duty as an astrologer to remain open-minded and not make deterministic or fatalistic statements that would impart undue harm or fear.
- Uphold client confidentiality.
Any personal information shared for the session (birth data) or details within the counseling session are maintained as private unless given permission otherwise. In the case of using chart examples in teaching for example, I would ask for permission and still uphold client anonymity.
Any questions regarding charts/relationships with others of the client should have obtained permission to use their chart, and context should remain centered upon the reading for the client.
- I do not discriminate based on ethnicity, race, religion, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation or identity. It is my duty to remain as unbiased as possible with a client’s identifications and beliefs. However, should I encounter a scenario where I cannot remain objective, I would respectfully conclude the session and attempt to refer to another practitioner.
- Boundaries are to be respectfully maintained between astrologer and client.
Financial transactions are to be agreed upon prior to the session, and there is to be no physical, verbal, or sexual manipulation or conduct from either side in any way.
- It is my duty as an astrologer to use the astrological tools (such as software) as accurately as possible, to state mistakes when they are made, and to always strive to better my own astrological acumen.
- If any non-astrological tools are requested to be used in the session, this is to be agreed upon by both client and astrologer. The extent to which any methods are used is to be considered within the same price range as the astrological reading.
- The type, duration, and fees of services should be determined prior to the session.
- Ethical Standards and Guidelines International Society for Astrological Research, revised 2007. New revision forthcoming. https://isarastrology.org/about/code-of-ethics-7-2003/
- Code of Ethics and By-Laws: OPA ETHICAL GUIDELINES. https://www.opaastrology.org/about/code-of-ethics-and-by-laws
- Healing Touch Program Code of Ethics. https://www.healingtouchprogram.com/content_assets/docs/current/Code-of-Ethics.pdf
- Healing Touch Program Scope of Practice. https://www.healingtouchprogram.com/content_assets/docs/current/Scope-of-Practice.pdf